Require 50 or more S/MIME Certificates?
Contact us for volume pricing and certificate management options
Digitally Sign and Encrypt Emails
Secure your email by digitally signing and encrypting communications with our Email certificates, also called Personal ID certificates. Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) protocol ensures message integrity so that senders and recipients of email can verify that the content they are sharing is legitimate and trusted. Comodo CA email certificates are supported by all the major mail applications including Microsoft Outlook, Exchange, popular mobile operating systems, and more.
Features and Benefits
- End-to-end message encryption between you and your contacts. Signed and encrypted mail cannot be intercepted and decrypted by man-in-the-middle attackers, packet-sniffers or https proxies.
- Trusted by all major email clients and internet browsers
- Digitally sign Microsoft® Office and OpenOffice documents
- Allow businesses to set up two-factor authentication of users that login to their websites.
How It Works
S/MIME email certificates improve the security profile of your email communications in three ways:
- Authenticates the sender - Each S/MIME email certificate includes the sender’s authenticated email address, giving receivers a mechanism to confirm that requests for information, wire transfers, or other actions are genuinely from authorized parties.
- Encrypts the email content and attachments - Mail clients are enabled for encryption and decryption
of email content (including attachments) if certificates are in place. That prevents malicious software from intercepting email communication in transit and reading its contents.
- Assures message integrity - If a signed email or its attachments are altered in any way, it will fail validation and the user will be warned by the email client.
For effective compliance, email encryption must be invisible, easy for theadministrator to deploy, and easy for the employee to use. Email encryption is now a requirement to stay compliant with many regulations including:
US Federal - DFARS, NIST & ITAR