To install the SSL Certificate on your Small Business Server 2008, follow the instructions below.
1. Extract the contents of the .zip file that contains your SSL Certificate and the chain certificates. Save the certificates to the Small Business Server where you generated the CSR.
2. To install the root and intermediate certificates, check the below article.
3. After you have installed the root and intermediate certificates, open the Windows SBS Console.
4. Click Network > Connectivity.
5. On the Connectivity tab, under Task, in the Connectivity Tasks section, click Add a trusted certificate.
6. In the Add a Trusted Certificate wizard, on the Before you begin page, click Next.
7. On the A request is in progress page, select 'I have certificate from my certificate provider' and then, click Next.
8. On the Import the trusted certificate page, do one of the following:
- Paste the encoded text from your SSL Certificate .crt file.
- Use a text editor to open your SSL Certificate .crt file. (i.e) Right-click on the SSL Certificate .crt file and select a text editor, such as Notepad or Notepad++, to open it.
- Copy the encoded text, including the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and the -----END CERTIFICATE----- tags and paste it in the Paste the encoded text from your certificate provider box.
- Import your SSL Certificate.
- Under Select the certificate file from your certificate provider, click Browse.
- Browse to where you saved your SSL Certificate .crt file, select it, and then click Open.
9. When you are finished, click Next.
10. On The trusted certificate is imported successfully page, click Finish.
11. To verify the installation, use our SSL Analyzer.