Like all certificates you must first create a CSR public/private key pair The CSR should be given to Comodo for signing and the private key will be left on the server. Follow the steps below to generate a CSR:
Step 1: Generating your CSR keypair:
- Log into your Kemp LoadMaster WUI.
- In the main menu of the LoadMaster WUI, select Certificates > SSL Certificates.
- Specify a name for you private key in the Private Key Identifier field.
- Click Generate CSR
5. Specify the following information:
- Country Name: The two letter code for your country. Example: US, DE
- State or Province (S): Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: California
- Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Berkeley.
- Company: The main legal name of your company. If your company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, you must spell out the symbol or omit it to enroll. Example: XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corporation or XY and Z Corporation.
- Organization: This field is optional; but can be used to help identify certificates registered to an organization. The Organizational Unit (OU) field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request.
- Common Name: The Common Name is the Host + Domain Name. It looks like “www.company.com” or “company.com”.
- SAN/UCC Names: You can specify other names if you will use a Multi-SAN SSl, this option is indicated if you want to have mail.customer1.com, mail.customer2.com, etc.
Note: Even though you may specify SAN’s on this CSR you will have to make sure you specify what these extra SAN’s are when enrolling for a SSL Certificate.
6. After filling out the information click Create CSR.
7. Copy the text of your CSR from the —begin— and —end— header/footer You will be required to submit this CSR, when enrolling for your SSL certificate with Comodo.