Certificate Signing Request (CSR) Generation - Nortel SSL Accelerator
To generate a CSR, you will need to create a key pair for your server. These two items are a digital certificate key pair and cannot be separated. If you lose your public/private key file or your password and generate a new one, your SSL Certificate will no longer match. You will have to request a new SSL Certificate and may be charged.
The CSR needs to contain the following attributes:
- Country Name (C): Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country
- State or Province (S): Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name
- Locality or City (L): The Locality field is the city or town name
- Organization (O): Your company or department
- Organizational Unit (OU): This field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request.
- Common Name (CN): The Common Name is the Host Name or Domain Name. Example "www.domain.com" or "domain.com".
Note: Comodo certificates can only be used on Web servers using the Common Name specified during enrollment. For example, a certificate for the domain "domain.com" will receive a warning if accessing a site named "www.domain.com" or "secure.domain.com", because "www.domain.com" and "secure.domain.com" are different from "domain.com". Comodo recommends that you contact Nortel for additional information.
Step 1: Generate a Key Pair and Certificate Signing Request
Note: The recommended key bit size is 2048-bit.
1. Click SSL > Certificates > Generate > Request.
2. Select your newly created certificate identifier in the drop-down menu at the top.
3. Fill out the fields including the common name, organization and location information.
4. Choose 2048 in the Key size field. This is most likely default.
5. Click Update.
6. Click Apply button on the top of the screen.
7. To copy and paste the information into the enrollment form, open the file in a text editor that does not add extra characters (Notepad or Wordpad are recommended).
8. Click Apply Changes.
9. Verify your CSR
10. Go to Enrollment.