What is a Wildcard SSL certificate?
A Wildcard SSL Certificate saves you money and time by securing your domain and unlimited sub-domains on a single certificate. Wildcard certificates work the same way as a regular SSL Certificate, allowing you to secure the connection between your website and your customer's Internet browser – with one major advantage.
A single Wildcard SSL Certificate covers any and all of the sub-domains of your main domain.
Secure Unlimited subdomains over Unlimited servers
For example a single Wildcard certificate for *.website.com can be used to secure:
If you have multiple sub-domains to secure, then a Wildcard SSL Certificate purchase can save you hundreds or thousands vs the cost of buying individual SSL certificates. For example a single Wildcard SSL Certificate for *.yourdomain.com can be used to secure:
Features of Comodo Wildcard SSL
- Save Money and Ease administration by securing all sub-domains with a single certificate
- Issued online in minutes – automated validation means
- - No paperwork
- - No faxes
- - No delay
- 2048-bit next generation SSL certificates as recommended by NIST
- 99.9% browser recognition maximizes your potential customer base
- Licensed for Unlimited physical servers
- Free Trustlogo site seal to improve customer conversion
- Peace of mind with our 30-day refund policies
- Expert Phone, Chat & E-mail support
- $250,000 relying party warranty
- * PCI and website vulnerability scanning limited to one license per-account for 1 year. Website security platform license is valid for 90 days.
+ Free PCI scanning service *
+ Free website security platform solution *
+ Free website Daily Vulnerability Scanning *
Comodo Wildcard SSL Certificates have all the security features, compatibility and warranty of our single domain certificate and, unlike other providers, we do not double, triple, or spike the price of your Certificate for every additional license!
Each certificate comes with unlimited server licensing included in the price - meaning you are free to install it on as many physical servers as you wish.